- Of Counsel
Saint Louis, Missouri
Michael Becker focuses his practice on Banking and Insolvency and has done so for 29 years. The concentrated practice areas include:
Commercial Banking: Regulatory work for financial institutions, loan documentation, work out of troubled credits including litigation of same and general corporate work for financial institutions, representing lenders in Bankruptcy proceedings.
Business Insolvency: Representation of small businesses and advice on their rights in insolvency and debt restructuring matters inside and outside of bankruptcy as well as advising individual business owners on wealth preservation when their company is in financial distress. This representation also includes representing and defending clients in litigation related to their financial issues.
Individual Insolvency: Representation of individuals, entrepreneurs, and formerly high wealth individuals in financial distress regarding options in and outside of bankruptcy including debt restructuring, bankruptcy and litigation related their financial distress.
Creditors Rights: Collection representation for creditors in State and Federal Court as well as Bankruptcy proceedings including defense of preference and fraudulent conveyance actions.
Receiverships Law including appointment as a receiver and as an attorney for receiver for marshalling assets, overseeing liquidation of assets, aggregation of creditor claims, reviewing claims and distribution to creditors.
Fiduciary Litigation including representatives of estates, trustees and claimants in determining rights related to estates and regarding breach of fiduciary duties by trustees and administrators.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Banking
- Business Insolvency
- Individual Insolvency
- Creditors' Rights
- Real Estate Transactions & Litigation
- Supreme Court of Missouri, 1987
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1988
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 1987
- Texas Christian University
- B.F.A. - 1983
- Divorce, Bankruptcy, Gambling and Credit Cards -- the Four Horseman of the Financial Apocalypse, University of Missouri, Kansas City, 1996
- The Honest but Unlucky Debtor -- Dischargeability Under the Bankruptcy Code, University of Missouri, Kansas City, 1998
- Dealing with Default -- a Twelve-step Process for Dealing With Default, National Business Institute, 1999
- Breckenridge Edison Development (St. Louis Downtown Sheraton): Counsel for Debtor
- Theodoro Baking: Counsel for The Unsecured Creditors Committee
- Farmington Investments: Counsel for Debtor
- 850 New Ballwin LLC: Counsel for Debtor
- Mozer Marsalek LLC: Counsel for Landlord
- First Contact LLC: Counsel for Debtor
- Meyer Logistics LLC: Counsel for Debtor
- Divorce, Bankruptcy, Gambling and Credit Cards -- the Four Horseman of the Financial Apocalypse, University of Missouri, Kansas City, 1996 to 1996
- The Honest but Unlucky Debtor -- Dischargeability Under the Bankruptcy Code, University of Missouri, Kansas City, 1998 to 1998
- Dealing With Default -- a Twelve-step Process for Dealing With Default, National Business Institute, 1999 to 1999
Honors And Awards
- Missouri and Illinois Super Lawyer, 2007
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Missouri Bankers Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association